Monday, June 29, 2009

Part II

Well I did it Dad
I read it to you
I was so nervous
But very brave too

As the words poured from my mouth
Tears dripped down my face
When I got to certain parts
My heart started to race

As I read each word out loud
I started to realize
That every word was the truth
How I wish they were lies

When I said the last word
Our conversation went silent
I felt really terrible
Because I thought you were cryin

My suspicions proved wrong
You weren't crying a bit
Each word that I said to you
Didn't mean shit

When you finally spoke
The words that you said to me
Were that you had no desire
To have us as your family

I wish Gramps were here now
To see who you've grown to be
He'd be pretty disgusted
With you entirely

You never wanted us
All you wanted was control
Mom let you for a while
But not anymore

She moved on from you
We wanted her to so bad
Because now we have the father
That we never had

Now our new father figure
May not be from blood
But he gives us something you couldn't
And that something is love

I would love to say I hate you
But that wouldn't be true
Because to feel that emotion would mean
I care even a little for you

We don't have to listen anymore
To all the lies that you say
But you won't be fooling anyone
On your final Judgment day.

No comments:

Post a Comment