Monday, May 4, 2009

Dreaming

I close my eyes and fall asleep
And drift into a dream
I'm laying in your arms again
And hearing your heart beat

It's like you never went away
like it was before
When all we ever cared about
Was who loved the other more

I'm staring into your eyes
As you lean in for a kiss
Your face begins to fade away
And reality sets in

I'm forced into consciousness
And realize its just a dream
The right side of the bed's still empty
Where you used to be

Where are you, baby?
You said you'd always be here
You promised you'd never leave
And now it's been a year

It's been long enough
It's time for you to come home
You said our toothbrushes would kiss forever
And now mine stands alone

I'm going back to sleep now
Reality I can't stand
I'm going back to dreaming
Where we stood hand in hand

Goodnight..........

No comments:

Post a Comment